Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mother of 12

Amber Fisher is now a "mother of 12".  Her goats recently gave birth!  My cousin, Amber, is very excited to have more mouths to feed, and more animals to load up come fair time!  Amber is 17 years old and actively involved in 4-H.  She enjoys showing her goats and pigs as well as attending various campus and participating in public speaking contests.  Amber does a great job caring and exhibiting her animals and this is evident in the show ring! Below Amber tells her take...


My goats are a big part of my life. I feed them, love them, and make sure they are happy and healthy.

They've taught me a lot over the years. I’ve learned how to be patient, responsible, and hard working. Sometimes my goats can be very stubborn and not walk but through that I've learned that I need to take things as they come, breath, and work towards the end goal without getting completely overwhelmed.



I've also learned responsibility from them. They are mine and therefore their wellbeing is on me. I make sure I feed them and clean their stalls, if their sick I make sure to treat them.  I prevent them from getting sick by administering their vaccination shots on time.  I also feed them, wash them, clip their feet, and more.  


 I breed and show my goats and sell them for different purposes. Some people buy them for the meat, breeding, and even some as pets. When my goats are sold to market it is sad but I know I have helped the community by producing a healthy product. 

4-H has taught me how to care for my animals properly.   As a result my goats are well pampered!

No comments:

Post a Comment