Saturday, January 22, 2011

Emily's 4-H Story

My cousin, Emily Solis, shares her 2010 4-H story, and a clip of what she does with her 4-H projects.  Emily is 14 years old and is actively involved in 4-H, ROTC in high school, and keeping good grades. Emily was a big help to our family this year and a great showman!  We are excited to see her get further involved in agriculture. 





This was my first year in 4-H and it was a lot of fun! I am a member of Farmer’s Fortune 4-H club. I joined this year to help my aunt and uncle show some of my cousins’ animals. I always loved going over to their farm and doing stuff with the animals. I never got the full experience with livestock until I joined 4-H. I never would have gotten this experience without the help of my aunt, uncle and cousins. This has been one of the best years of my life thanks to 4-H.

One of my goals this year was to learn more about livestock and the functions of a farm. I feel like I learned a lot for my first year and find it all very interesting.

This year I showed a heifer and breeding goat for my Livestock project.  They both did very well this year. I showed them at the Prince George’s, Charles, and St. Mary’s county fairs. I hope to have more projects in Livestock next year and to improve my showing ability.

I also participated in livestock judging this year. It was a lot of hard work. I found the actual judging part to be harder than giving reasons. I hope to improve next year.

This was a very good year for me and hope to continue with all the activities 4-H has to offer. It is a lot of fun and a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment